cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, March 14, 2014


Well, on a cold Saturday morning what better way to warm up than look at some stamps  :-)   Now these make me feel real warm, compared to how cold it would have been for the men on the Antarctic Expedition back in 1914.

These were issued to commemorate the centenary of the AAE Homeward Board  journey. This is the fourth and final  issue in a 4 year program celebrating the AAE. The stamps show images of the explorers and the environment they lived in; from left to right, Mawson on a motor launch, Hurley with camera, Mawson hold a fishing net, the returning party, and finally Mawson again.

Nice MS I think.  Click image to enlarge

Have a great weekend.   Michael

www.cddstamps.com







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!