cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, April 07, 2014


Hello, tonights stamps are again showing printer differences. This time the Rembrandt machine (which I wrote about the other days) versus the Jumelle machine. The Jumelle printing (right hand stamp) has the lighter shade on the Prince's head.  Hope you enjoy seeing these and perhaps when looking at your stamps you will look more carefully  These are not catalogued at much difference I must add but I think they make a nice pairing.

What you might also find interesting to learn is that the first stamps printed (I believe) on the Jumelle press were the ones I am showing you, the 1972 Royal Silver Wedding issue.  

Enjoy your stamps

Michael
www.cddstamps.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!