cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, April 17, 2012



Hello, something tonight that proves yet again why Royal Mail is both useless and in need of the security definitives.

I am not a great fan of collecting mint current GB. Anyone can do that but to get some nicely used is more difficult. As this proves. Mailed to myself from England. And not franked through the mail. I will rectify that of course :-)

thoughts?

best wishes .. Michael

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Ian - Norvic said...

Michael,

Make up your mind whether you want the stamps cancelled or not. In 4 days you have shown uncancelled, pen-cancelled and properly cancelled by the new version of the ink-jet machine, which you also don't like.

The purpose of the new ink-jet postmark, rather than the thin wavy lines, is to obliterate the stamp so that it cannot be reused.

Yes, I know about the new gum, but I also know that it is perfectly simple to remove these stamps from paper, and you will see that unfranked used stamps are still being sold on eBay.

As for defacing the Queen's image being illegal, where did you get that idea from? This is the UK not 19th century Sardinia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!