cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, March 26, 2012





















Hello, isn’t it good to know someone is reading my blog :-) I got an email from a philatelic colleague, one Adrian Keppler. I always enjoyed his personal blog. He now writes for the STAMP magazine and does a great job there as well. So do have a look at STAMP Magazine) but only after you read the rest of this piece. I have added Adrian’s column to my list of favourites to make it easy for you to access his writings.

Adrian writes to tell me there are three sources of the stamp I showed last night. Normal sheet (traditionally gummed), prestige booklet (traditionally gummed), retail booklet (non-soakable self-adhesive gum).

So my copy (and all the rest of them) is from a retail booklet. Above is another from a retail booklet, obviously, since it too is non soakable self-adhesive gum.

He also reminds me that I should look at Ian Billings web site and blog, which I do regularly as Ian is a great source of information. His website (and blog)is of course already in my favourites but here again FYI Norvic Philatelic

Best wishes ...Michael

PS Thanks Adrian for adding my blogs to your favourites.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

Michael, that's WAY over the top! But thanks! Blush blush.

Here's another issue in your life: that Concorde stamp may be from a retail booklet, but it also appeared as a non-soakable self-adhesive in a so-called Smilers sheet. Not sure if you would be able to tell those two apart, even though the retail booklet is printed by Walsall and the Smilers sheet by Cartor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!