cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, January 10, 2011

Machins


I have been receiving stamps from a friend of mine who works in an office in the UK. A reasonable amount of mail arrives and the stamps are collected and mail on to me. How kind. Well 95% are Machins and with the security slits and non soluble gums nowadays I decided it was time to look at these, and try to catalogue. I like variations and there are so many to look for. First though, you need to know a good source of information about the variations. Try machins and go from there.

If you thought Machins were boring, think again. The varieties are many. Just read the link I showed above.

I have many years of study ahead of me. Now if only I could retire :-)instead of being stuck here in fabulous Hong Kong with a great job and lovely people and so much else going on around me. Oh well, cannot do it all on a day I guess. Oh and if you really are not into Machins but GB Commemoratives maybe I have a lot on eBay, and will be putting more up in the coming weeks. see my eBay lot

Or if its GB you need let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do.

Best wishes .....Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!