cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I am so bored........


:-) hello.. did that opening gain your attention.. I really am so bored you know. Looking at stamps and new issues and wondering what is going on in the minds of the Postal Authority administrations around the world.. all these new issues and who is collecting them and how can they possible be increasing interest in this wonderful hobby. Know what?? I think it is increasing interest in older issues.. I hope so. Stamps you can soak and enjoy soaking, stamps with design you can marvel at the artwork and creativity.

I am reading stampboards where people are talking about soaking stamps with insoluble gums. There is only one answer.. do not soak.. just cut on piece with the franking as intact as you can. I have been doing this for a few years now and have a much more interesting collection. Yes takes up more room in a stock album but is enjoyable to look through. And anyway you won't find many commemoratives used these days :-) As someone said.. who is using them.

But one nice stamp, and I have not written on the Year of the Tiger, seems too common a theme rrrrrggggghgg :-) this (above) from Canada Post, quite acceptable don't you think?.. I see Canada Post issuing lots of stamps these days but not as many as some countries

Enjoy your stamps.. best wishes .......... Michael

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Jim Phillips, Director, Stamp Services, Canada Post said...

Michael,

Thanks for the mention, we're happy that you like our Year of the Tiger. It's selling well and we're getting lots of positive feedback.

Jim Phillips,
Director, Stamp Services,
Canada Post

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Hi Jim. glad you read the blog.. yes a lovely stamp. Canada produce some nice stamps overall and as far as I can tell not as many as some countries. Am a bit out of touch since I left Canada many years ago and stopped collecting new issues to be honest - I do receive the Collections of Canada magazine so try to keep up that way. PS the Souvenir Sheet looks very nice I might add.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Best wishes .. Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!