cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

old envelopes... and another card

Hello... yes I am back with a vengence.. well not quite but I am trying I found this tonight while looking through some old envelopes from Canada .... I have quite a few.. have no idea where I got them from.. they sort of just turn up don't they... nothing special me thinks.. especially as the stamp has some toning and the envelope was cut at the end .. so as to open it and see what was inside I guess... which was an Easter card greeting.. .. but all the same, it is a 1930 cover.. and with a card inside.. so maybe of interest to someone..
If you.. then all you have to do is be the first email to cddstamps@gmail.com and to get me to send you this cover.. tell me who Cairine Wilson was and why I might be thinking of her around this time in 1930.... I do make it easy don't I.. and if you don't know you should.... especially if you are Canadian.

And thanks for the replies to last nights card question... the winner was Rob and his daughter Mandy... who got it right that the first punch card was used around 1725 by Basile Bouchon and Jean-Baptiste Falcon for controlling textile looms in France. yes you all got it right and sorry I could not send one to you all

Enjoy your stamps... best wishes.. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!