cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, May 28, 2007

Another India M/S

Hello everyone. I do hope you like this. It is quite wonderful in my view. And the subject of course is one of so much emotion and history, and particularily in India as it is in many countries. Makes me realise how lucky so many of us are.



But I won't get political or anything like that. Lets enjoy the stamps but quietly reflect on the progress made over many years when it comes to women and discrimination. Hopefully it doesn't exist where you are today, although I know it still exists in the world and we have a long way to go yet.

So would you like this M/S A lovely addition to any collection I think. Well here are your general knowledge questions ...no checking Google :-) although I have to say so many of you got the wrong answers to one of my recent set of questions maybe Google let you down... .. or maybe I was not clear in my questions .. I'll be publishing some answers soon.. when I get a more free time..

Ok.. for this M/S 1) who was Jawaharlal Nehru, 2) why am I asking about him for these stamps, 3) what school in England did he go to at the age of 15 and 4) what University and 5) college in England did he go to.

Five parts to this.. I hope you enjoy the research / reading... .

What are you collecting at the moment.. big question that, me thinks, as I am seeing so many new issues from country after country. Do write to me as I would really like to hear about your collecting and maybe I can do some articles reflecting the modern day collecting themes or views of collectors.

I look forward to hearing from you.. Best wishes.. enjoy your stamps.. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!