cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Now there was me thinking it was a big deal that the 40th anniversary of the release of the Beatles SPLHCB album was a big deal, and now I realise I was just so wrong. The real big deal was the 40th anniversary of the Big Banana in Coffs Harbour. …. Like,… people,…. lets gets things in perspective.. or should I say irrespective J . How important is the 40th anniversary of the Big Banana….. seems it means something to Australia Post, much like the Beatles means something to Royal Mail. But does the world know about the 40th anniversary of the Big Banana… I think not.. does the world know about the Beatles… well surely Yes is the answer… and am I biased… surely not J .

But in Australia things big seem to matter… not sure to who.. but at least Australia Post as it gives them an excuse to issue some new stickers… oooops..I meant to say stamps….

Like these….

Now be honest with me here… are these going to turn you on to stamp collecting.. be honest please.. maybe I am too old and cannot think out of the box… a very big box I might add, so maybe that is why… J but unless your thematic collecting is “Big Things” then you may be disappointed with these… then of course if you collect stamps with “Big Things” then you will be over the moon with this issue …write to me I’ll send you a set if you can substantiate that your thematic collecting interest is “Big Things” .. I like to make people happy after all J

You think I am joking.. this from Wikipedia on Australia and Big Things…

The big things have become something of a cult phenomenon, and are sometimes used as an excuse for a road trip, (Like real desperate people here in Oz) where many or all Big Things are visited and used as a backdrop to a group photograph. ( How desperate are we you ask)

The ABC ( television ) produced a documentary titled "Big Things" as part of its programme The BiG Picture ( now is that original or just desperate for a TV time slot.. or just to compete with another equally desperate Big Brother…… you decide J

The National Museum in Canberra comprehensive multimedia exhibit displaying many big things.” Well they need something in Canberra don’t they .. with all the politicians and associated small things….like brains and actions …. why not have something Big.. a musuem of big things.

And if you don’t believe me read this.. it will astound you… big time J http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia's_Big_Things

What is stamp collecting coming to I wonder… J ok ok.. argghhh now you have me.. I collect stamps with the A380 (airbus new aircraft for those of you who have been living under a rock) .. now that aircraft is a big thing…

But (seriously ) if you really like the cover and really want it, I will send it to you…. If you are judged to be the most insane answer to “why one of these Big Things would attract you to see it” and you MUST include your mailing address… if you are a first time entry for obvious reasons and if you have replied to me before.. because it saves me time searching for your address.. and never knowing if you have moved since you last wrote to me. Seems fair.. and lets face it… not a Big Thing for me to ask… J

Enjoy your stamps… and keep smiling those big smiles….. they are good for you…. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!