cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, August 21, 2006

Cocos (Keeling) Island birds 1995

Hello, tonight I am showing what I think is a rather attractive M/S on a cover. Pity about a small paper tear in the crease of the envelope lip but no damage to the minisheet. I picked up a few covers at the Adelaide Stampex on Saturday. Will be showing these over the coming weeks as I offer them as giveaways to deserving collectors .. like you.. or your friends if you ever tell them about my blog..... I have come to the conclusion you are keeping my site secret so others cannot enter my competitions

So do you like this

The Cocos (Keeling) Islands comprises two atolls and is an Australian Territory located about 2770 km northwest of the mainland. North Keeling Island is 24 km north of the mail atoll.

Known worldwide as a seabird rookery, it is an important nesting site for seabirds and a resting site for migratory birds.

The M/S features 6 birds.. can you name three of them? or two? .. surely I have found something difficult to test you.. if I get no entries I will know I guess ..... email me at cddstamps@gmail.com and 1st somewhat correct answer will win the cover, if you include your mailing address so I can send it to you

Best wishes.. enjoy your stamps... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!