cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Norfolk Island Stamps - A quiz

Hello, I found these today while sorting some stamps, interesting shape I think you will agree.. the stamp is actually the "island", it peels off I believe. These are mint .. no hinge on back, which is inscribed with details on the Norfolk Island postal authority.


These are your.. 5th correct answer.. to this quiz question... in what year was the second settlement recorded as having started? email me at cddstamps@gmail.com

Awesome and not that pleasant history if you have not read it... not that flattering to the British of the day in my humble view. Stamps are stamps but ultimately there is a history behind them.

Look forward to hearing from you.. oh.. and have you voted on my A380 cover designs??? cddstamps aerophilately I would be so pleased if you did vote

Michael

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Charlie said...

My entry is en route.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Bradpetehoops said...

Nice Island, have a nice day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!