cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, September 14, 2009

Helicopter on GB stamp

Hello, I did a piece on Helicopters last night and got to thinking how many stamps I have with helicopters on. Ok, so yes I need to get a life :-) but I remembered this one, from 1963.

The stamp was from the International Lifeboat Conference issue. Obviously they had difficulty thinking up ideas for stamp issues back then :-)
But seriously, it goes to show how important helicopters are in many areas.

Lovely stamps design as well, in my view.

Enjoy your stamps...... Best wishes........... Michael

3 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stamp was designed by David Gentleman and was the 4th issued stamp of the 103 he designed for Royal Mail. When it was issued in 1963 the policy was that stamps were issued to commemorate ‘important current events of national or international interest and Royal and postal anniversaries’, although these criteria were widened in 1964.

The International Life-Boat Conferences were held every four years with different countries acting as hosts: the 1963 conference was the first to be held in the UK since the initial conference, held in London in 1924. The purpose was to enable delegates to exchange views on life-saving techniques, to learn from the experience of others and to demonstrate and examine lifeboats and other life-saving equipment.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Hi, thank you for that. I hope my readers do read the comments and find that as useful and informative as I did.

Thank you .. Michael

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

朝に/夕方に/夜に [url=http://ci2s.org/viagura.htm]バイアグラ 個人輸入[/url] バイアグラ 服用

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!