cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Boats on stamps


Hello, Another week gone, sorry not written. Today this lovely set because I was at the Syndey International Boat show - yes, I now know how people feel when I show and talk about my interest in aircraft and aviation :-) Beautiful boats mind you, although I suspect that is like calling every aircraft a plane :-) (Sydney CBD in background looking across a boat packed Darling Harbour).

Hope to write again next weekend when back in Sydney. Best wishes Michael

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Charlie, who spent a good portion of his life aboard ships. said...

Did I ever mention the difference between a ship and a boat ?
.
With the exception of submarines, a boat is a vessel that can be and often is hoisted aboard a ship. A ship cannot be put aboard a boat.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Charlie.. thanks for that .. I guess these are all ships then :-)

Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!