cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, July 11, 2009

just saying hello ..

Hello, sorry not been writing but have been away and I have no time for stamps or even writing the blog.

I wrote a piece earlier on my aviation and aerophilately blog so you can find more about my adventures there. This Presentation pack is a prize to the first correct answer to whoever tells me what airline I flew the Embraer E170 on :-) email me at cddstamps@gmail.com


Thanks for your emails and comments. Re the previous piece I wrote: I suspect the person who listed the stamp was not lying but was ignorant of the correct quality description of the stamp. One reason why, in my humble view, when(if)you are buying from auction sites you really should have some understanding of who you are buying from, be it a person that knows stamps, or some individual who thinks it easy to make a few dollars selling off some stamps they found lying around. Too many of the later I think :-) And don't be mislead by the number of positive feedbacks they have.. they may not all be stamp sales !!! And even if they are.. well looking at some sellers I would not go near them, however many positive results they have But hey such is life :-) Enjoy your stamps and have a great weekend. .. Michael

3 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Charlie said...

" ..... looking at some sellers I would not go near them, however many positive results they have ...... "
I'll drink to that. The demise of my interest in eBay came from the annoying habit of sellers witholding positive feedback until the buyer puts his positive comments in. That is a form of verbal hostage taking. Lots of 100%ers have maintained that number through this kind of extortion. Then there is the pushing of Paypal and the attempts to keep sellers addresses secret. Some sellers send the lots without even providing a return address. That's the Dick Cheney attitude of internet auctioneering. Keep everything secret and make it impossible for the buyer to deal with the crooks.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

interesting points Charlie....not much I can add is there..I think I know one clown out there but realise there is little to nothing I can do except hope people read my blogs... yet I still see people bidding on what is essentially "fraudulent" oh well buyer beware I guess :-)

best wishes ...Michael

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

interesting points Charlie....not much I can add is there..I think I know one clown out there but realise there is little to nothing I can do except hope people read my blogs... yet I still see people bidding on what is essentially "fraudulent" oh well buyer beware I guess :-)

best wishes ...Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!