cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, July 03, 2009

Azerbaijan IYA 2009



Here is a lovely MS I received a few days ago. A country I am not familiar with if I am honest. I have said many time that there is so much more to collecting stamp than just collecting stamps. You might enjoy reading this link, as I did. The first paragraph is copied below to get you started :-)

.... "Today, we would like to talk about a miraculous country of Azerbaijan with its unlimited natural resources, centuries-old culture, history and ancient people, whose lifestyle presents a unique and harmonious combination of the traditions and ceremonies of different cultures and civilizations.

Azerbaijan is a geographical name. On the one hand this name is linked with the population, which lived in this region for thousand of years before our era, and who were mostly fire-worshippers. Local population considered that fire was their God and so they worshipped the fire. "Azer" means fire. read this for more .. Azerbaijan
Enjoy your stamps and have a great weekend ... MIchael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!