cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, September 11, 2008

this day in history

Hello, well yes am back in Seoul. Here for a few days then off to KL next week. Little time for stamps. I did find something nice waiting for me in Sydney. My Digital Microscope. I wont find time to install it on the laptop until the weekend but hopefully will have some fun with it and will be able to show you some nice stamp images. Have to look for something appropriate to study. Not in the mood for stamps at the moment anyway.

This day in history - September 11th - is one I guess we will never forget. I visited the Twin Towers site the following year because I happened to be going through NY from London on my way to LA.

But while we pay our respects to those who lost their lives that day, I know of another anniversary, that I wanted to mentioned. September 11th, 1962 was the day the Beatle recorded their first single, Love Me Do.
Enjoy ........... Michael.


1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Machin Man said...

Thanks Michael for this nostalgic trip(not the acid variety) to the past.

I forgot all about stamps for a while. I am now digging out my CD The 60s Album by original artists to play whilst I surf the web.

Cheers Roy S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!