cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, August 19, 2008


I was reading a few other blogs tonight - looking for inspiration maybe - I was going to write about Machins as I found a few nice high value ones while sorting over the weekend.

I read Adrian's http://akphilately.blogspot.com/ always an informative read in my view and there was a very good piece on Machins with some excellent pictures, and of course my mate Roy's Machin Mania at http://machinmania.blogspot.com/. I cannot compete with these guys, so thought I'd look for another topic. Just happened to get a link to a Royal Mail page and came across these high value Machins I have never seen before. Maybe I have been living under a rock here in Seoul, or just forgot. Anyway they seem to be selling only in pages of 100, from what I could see from a quick look. Have to have a look in more detail as I don't have these Machins. New colours to me. Here is the ₤5 Machin. Hands up if you have a copy. Ok no one :-) me neither. Have to rectify that somehow. Maybe my pilot friend will get me a copy next time he is in London and mail it to me :-)

Enjoy your stamps, oh and I did I tell you I have a rather nice starter lot of 150 plus machins, 80 at least different, on eBay :-) opening bid 99c - user id michaelatcddstamps, as if you didn't know by know.

Michael

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Machin Man said...

Hi Michael,

If you are to buy this stamp mint, ask your pal to ensure that it is nicely centred, with full perforations and no rips.

I bought a set from the Royal Mail outlet and the centring was on the £2 and £5 to say the least were awful.The perforations were also torn and short on 3 of the values

I promply returned them with a letter informing the manager that it was obvious these were required for a collection and no care had been taken by the dispatcher whatsoever.

I might also add this is not the first time I have had shoddy goods from them.

My refund arrived into my credit account, but no letter of apology was recieved.

BE WARNED even presentaion packs contain these expensive duds.

Roy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!