cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, January 01, 2022

 

Hello, I thought I would stay with Ceylon today and show this stamp from the 1949 75th Anniversary of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) issue.

One of  3  issued by Ceylon for this anniversary.


 Different because the more common 1949 issues for the UPU anniversary from British Commonwealth countries were  generally in a set of 4  and in what is often referred to as an Omnibus issue. In total there were 310  stamps issued  from all  issuing administrations – a nice thematic collection.

     Happy New year    enjoy your philately.  Michael cddstamps and from Stamps of the British Commonwealth

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!