cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Hello,  yes I have been on sabbatical so to speak.  Had nothing to motivate me to write but I do now and I hope you enjoy reading and seeing the stamps I will be showing and talking about over the coming weeks and months.

These stamps are from a brilliant  website that  has been developed by a friend of mine.   You will enjoy it I am sure.    Not just for a quick look but as a site to go back to many times I think, for various information.     Images of stamps from British Commonwealth countries, from which I will be showing some as I say over the coming weeks and months, but also catalogue details and watermark images.

Over time more images will be added. It is a life project really, with so much to reward the visitor I think.

The first stamp I have chosen to show is from Aden, from the 1953 QE II definitive issue and showing the classic Dhow. This traditional sailing vessel with one or more masts with settee or sometimes lateen sails was used in the Red Sea and Indian Ocean region. Historians speculate that the dhow was either invented by Arabs or Indians and they were originally fishing or trading vessels used mostly to carry items such as fruit, fresh water or other goods, along the coasts of the Arab countries, as well as Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, and East Africa.

I am back enjoying writing about stamps. I hope you enjoy this series. I welcome comments of course at cddstamps@gmail.com

 

Michael   cddstamps.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!