cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Hello,  Merry Christmas  I hope your weekend has been  lovely. 

This from Ceylon today, continuing my showing of my friends stamps from his website here -  This is a lovely George VI issue from the 1938 to 1949 definitive issue.


Nothing spectacular you might say and you would be correct in this case. But, if you have a copy (or copies) I would recommend studying it carefully as there is a rather  valuable  copy with a flaw.  The flaw is known as the "apostrophe flaw" and is noted by a tiny mark in the shape of an apostrophe just above the  letter N in COCONUT.

Have a great day   Best wishes  Michael  cddstamps.com 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!