cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, December 18, 2021

 Hello, after a few very busy days I am back writing.   Hope this finds everyone well and looking forward to Christmas.


This is a lovely stamp showing St David’s Lighthouse in Bermuda. It was built between 1876 and 1879. and I believe is still a working lighthouse

Some trivia – we can enjoy stamps so much more I think if we know something about the images they show -  although of course this stamp was issued in 1938, way before the trivia I am going to mention:

In 1976, some scenes from the film The Deep were filmed in the lighthouse tower while a fake St. David's Lighthouse, built at Bermuda's Coney Island, was blown up as part of the movie's plot.  Author Peter Benchley had included the lighthouse as a significant plot point in his novel of the same name.

This stamp and more can be found here

 

Enjoy your  stamp collection   Michael cddstamps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!