cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, January 11, 2015


Hello,    changing themes completely tonight because I was able to get a copy of this  today at the Mong Kok stamp arcade in Kowloon.

Beautiful I think. click image to enlarge then the back arrow to return.

Issued by China on January 5th to commemorate the Year of the Sheep. The Sheep is regarded as an auspicious animal in Chinese culture as I understand it.

The composition of the stamp design symbolises auspiciousness and ever lasting happiness and is to convey people's good wish for the new year.

How important is that for us all.

 Enjoy your stamps

Michael
www.cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!