cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, January 07, 2014



Hi, collected my mail today and received a lovely selection of GB from a friend of mine who keeps the stamps from the office mail. Some nice stamps and a plenty of Security Machins for me to sort and study for codes. Sort of kiloware really as there must be 500 stamps there. What really surprises me is the % of unfranked stamps. Is there a new policy from Royal Mail I wonder, that they are not franking stamps now they have most issued with non soluble gum and security slits?  Certainly seems that way to me.

Of all the mail I have had from UK in past 6 months I would estimate, conservatively, that some 60% to 70% is never franked. As with these from the parcel I received.

Thoughts?

Best wishes.. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!