cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, October 21, 2012



Hello,    found this tonight so thought here is a chance for a quiz. Lovely MS I think you will agree.  I hope this is interesting and a challenging question. Who was the inventor of the postage stamp?  Rowland Hill is the obvious answer as he is usually credited with originating the basic concept of the postal service and the postage stamp. But maybe someone else should get some credit?    

Here he is.   name please and in what year did he put forward the idea of a "stamp"


enjoy your stamps........  Michael    www.cddstamps.com    oh and please have a look at my eBay listings.. just search under username michaelatcddstamps.. some interesting lots now available  for viewing.  :-)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!