cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hello, Have you been watching the Royal mail stamp issues for the Olympics. Pretty impressive performance both from Great Britain, 28 Golds Medals so far and Royal Mail for issuing the stamps so fast. The stamp issues may well be a drain on many pockets - I think the total cost so far of one booklet for each medal winner will total about £100. Not small change I would think. I have none of them but a single copy of each would make a nice collection I think. Maybe I'll look to see who is offering, or going to offer, such a collection. I did read collectgbstamps and found a very nice display of medal winner stamps. Nicely presented. The above is a one of the booklets, of Ed McKeever who won gold in the men's 200m kayak to win Britain's 26th gold of the Olympics. At the time of writing, Great Britain, with 28 Gold Medals, is third in the Gold Medal table. Well done Team GB Have a great weekend.... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!