cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, May 07, 2009

IYA 2009 issues yet again............

Hello, well back to IYA issues tonight. You may have seen http://europa-stamps.blogspot.com/2008/08/europa-stamps-2009.html The listing of Europa IYA issues is well documented there, but please don't let that stop you from visiting here :-)

I posted Korea last I recall. A few issues around Kazakstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein and Lithuania worth a mention but I am going back to I for Italy because I have seen these and thought these were a rather different design that were worthy of a mention.













I rather like these. A "modernistic" style if I can use that expression. And Luxembourg, this one of two issued, is again a "today" design, rather than a design with Galileo and science as the theme. Not that I have anything against that design style, But I do think some are executed better than others. ( eg Latvia - postively Disney!!!) so am not showing, sorry.

What are your views on the designs?




Enjoy your stamps ............ Michael

PS... ref previous writing - Treaties of Versailles, February 1783 -However for the purists it was The Treaty of Paris, signed on September 3, 1783, that formally ended the American Revolutionary War between the UK and the USA and for which France and Spain in particular had a seperate Treaty - the Treaties of Versailles, over Gibralter in this case ... I think :-) all very confusing :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!