cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, April 27, 2009

something to remind you.....


Offered for sale at one fifth Scott, on one of the popular auction sites. What a deal. You can do better. I will offer for free – If I have any such damaged stamps in my stock. I throw these away. Actually I have a few hundred of each in fine condition and would gladly sell for one fifth of Scott. Could probably do the basic set for one fifth of Scott. What sort of stamp seller is this person? Derrgghh :-) oh.. and you can bid for these with confidence. Confidence of what I wonder.

Enjoy your stamps… and please be sensible. Don’t make these rogues rich.

Michael

3 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Keijo said...

I could understand missing corners if these where very rare or valuable. But these are very,very common. Sadly I know even "official dealers" who sell stamps like this every once and then to newbie collectors. I just can't understand it....This kind of topic makes me want to cry.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Keijo.. Thanks.. me too.. I shed tears daily with what I see for sale.. it is quite disgraeful...
I am trying to get buyers to understand... all the more reason why a respected dealer would be a member of the IPDA...

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mate
Have already seen a number of this type of damaged stamp listed on Ebay, makes the term buyer beware have a completely new meaning when the product is trash before you buy it.
Blessings
Larry aka lasaboy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!