cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Darwin Royal mail M/S February 2009


Hello, staying with GB, but something issued February 12th this year. A rather nice M/S - the Darwin issue. Not content to issue 6 stamps for the commemorative issue Royal Mail have to issue a M/S with 4 additional stamps. Even though, it is a very nice one in my view.

I collect M/S. Well I did. Until I realised that Royal Mail were issuing them more and more just because I collect them.. ha ha.. only joking.. well actually not quite. I have cancelled my M/S order. It is getting too farcial, their stamp issuing policy. I will wait 5 years and pick everything up at an auction somewhere for half the face value. I mean seriously...... how many of these will you ever see postally used? None because even mine are not franked.

Anyway, a dear friend sent this to me...... how kind..... thinking it would be nice to have a postally used copy. Well this is postally used but only if I keep it on the envelope that shows it went through the mail - see red lines...

I wrote last night about Royal Mail not franking stamps, and introducing non soluble gums to stop people reusing the stamps. How can they miss franking something as large as this M/S? Do you want to know my view. They don't care. They really don't. It is all revenue from stamp collectors if you ask me. This example is a classic case. Ignorant a view as that may be..... it certainly doesn't seem any other way. And I end up with a lovely M/S not really postally franked.

I've resurrected my Fiji collection. Time to go and enjoy those. Did I tell you it was my birthday next week :-) no need to send me GB commemoratives. Fiji pre 1969 will be just fine.. used of course :-) Any duplicates you have :-) I'll trade. Just email me at cddstamps@gmail.com

Enjoy your stamps .......... Michael

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Charlie said...

" .... I collect M/S. Well I did. Until I realised that Royal Mail were issuing them more and more just because I collect them.. ...."
.
Ah yes, my friend, welcome to the real world. If more people would cancel their "subscriptions" the same thing would happen to these contrived souvenirs as has happened to Plate Number Blocks in the USA. Once all the rage, and rage is a good word, I think, today they are being used by knowledgeable dealers for postage, .... finally.
.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger cddstamps said...

How right you are Charlie.

Thanks for reading the blog

Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!