cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, October 09, 2008

GB Country Definitives


Hello, yes I have been absent. Sorry about that. Seem to have less and less time for stamps and writing.

I was in Australia this past weekend and picked up my mail. Found these. What do you think? Actually I like them.

They are issued to celebrate 50 years of Country Definitives. Now for the punch line. Royal Mail say it took 13 years to decide on what they ( the originals that is, issued in 1958!) should look like.

Don't know about you, but that is not something I would boast about :-)

And yes, the jigsaw on the Darwin stamps represents the puzzle. So it would seem to me. Or just another gimmick from Royal Mail ...no surely not!!!

Enjoy your stamps.. Best wishes... Michael




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!