cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wooden stamp...............

Hello everyone. I received a wooden stamp today thanks to a new stamp friend I have in Italy.

Rather nice I think. Thank you.

This shows a sketch of the façade of the Basilica of San Vincenzo in Galliano, Cantù, a church dating from the Early Middle Ages, consecrated in 1007.

The stamp is self-adhesive and printed on a wooden sheet faced with birch measuring 0.3 mm in thickness, backed with 30g/m² non-woven paper and D3 vinyl glue .

It was issued as part of a series - Italian Artistic and Cultural Heritage) dedicated to the Basilica of San Vincenzo in Galliano, Cantù (Como)

It was issued on July 2nd, 2007, and with a special franking.

Maybe a thematic theme here.. stamps made of different materials, other than paper. What have you got that is a postally issued stamp but not on the traditional paper medium. I look forward to hearing from you.

Enjoy your stamps ……… Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!