cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, October 02, 2006

stamp news from the UK

Hello everyone... well first thanks to those who joined in the IPDA Stamp chat marathon. I have not seen the finally tally of visitors but from the time I was online I know we had a better response than last year. Hope everyone enjoyed the chat as much as I did.

I wrote some weeks back about the new Royal Mail online postage.. well yes it is here and I have bought myself some online postage. The postage is in the form of a preprinted label, much as many post offices print for parcels rather than sell stamps.

I bought 6 and have created some commemorative covers for the IPDA Stamp Chat Marathon. A very very limited edition. Each cover will be numbered and signed by me. I am going to auction one or two to raised funds for the IPDA.

I thought I might auction one on this blog. that is only to you, my readers... I know you have not yet seen the cover and I wont be able to scan it until I get back to Sydney but keep this in mind and if you are interested.. just send me a bid. All monies will go the the IPDA. I'll close the auction around end of the month.. and will keep you updated..

Am off stamping here in the UK tomorrow. Hope to have some more stamp news for you there.
Have a great week. Enjoy your stamps... Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!