cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Monday, September 07, 2009

Lord Howe Island

Hello, sorry not been writing much these past few months. I am still here.. just away fron Sydney a lot and often with limited access to email and material for the blog.

Last week I was in Lord Howe Island. A stunningly beautiful Island in the South Pacific just over an hours flight from Sydney.

I picked up this cover I thought you might like to see.



will be back to writing about stamps over coming weeks, hopefully, work opportunities allowing.

Best wishes.......... Michael

And please don't forget my Aviation and Aerophilately blog at http://cddstamps.wordpress.com where I am also starting to write again.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Charlie said...

"Licensed Post ___ce"
I can't really see the last word.
It is a fine looking cancel.
.
What are you doing on Lord Howe Island ? I know that it is one of the most beautiful lonely islands.
.
Pictures of it remind me of several other wonderful unspoiled spots in the Pacific that I viited years ago. But now all I can do is be jealous.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Hi Charlie

My wife booked a surprise holiday.. to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

Yes it is beautiful so peaceful and relaxing.. just looking at the views all day long was a wonderful way to spend a day, and another day :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!