cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Helicopters on stamps


We had two really hot days this weekend and with no rain to speak of for a couple of months we are getting bush fires. Some 60 fires reported along the NSW Central Coast area, that is Sydney and northern areas.. over past 24 hours. The air smells I can tell you. I saw the helicopters out the back of my place yesterday, water bombing a fire close to us. .. all this to say I thought I’d show a “helicopter on stamps” stamp tonight (from my Alderney collection) and in admiration of the people that fly these machines especially when saving our properties here in NSW in Australia or other parts of the world.

And also, to add, if you are interested in Helicopters on stamps do have a look at helicoptersonstamps surely one of the best thematic website you have ever seen

Best wishes… Michael

3 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Shalotte said...

Hi Michael!
Wow,, It's getting cold here. As you know, It's fall here in Korea. Australia must be hot these days. I hope the fire is not very close to you...^^ And that helicopter is cool!

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Charlie said...

Fires have also been raging in Southern California this summer and some 80 homes have been burned to the ground. Fortunately where I am in Central Florida we have broken the drought this year and dampened the dense foliage that covers most of the state. For me that is great news as it also keeps my well full of wonderful clear water from the aquifer below.
These helicopters do a yeoman's duty fighting these fires as well as wisking the injured to trauma centers. For those of us whon are a certain age the sound of a chopper buzzing over head is a sound of comfort and protection.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger cddstamps said...

Thanks for your comments

Yes Shalotte it is hot here... nice, but we we do need some rain. I remember how cold it got there in Seoul in Winter.. and the snow..

Charlie, please sen some of your rain :-)

Best wishes .. Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!