cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, June 25, 2020



Hello and welcome to cddstamps.   I wonder if anyone follows me on Twitter?   I am cddstamps there;  #cddstamps.

This past week I have been writing short pieces with stamps for letters of the alphabet.  Very interesting what we can learn from stamps.    If you have time please follow me I will  try to post short  snippets  there frequently rather than the longer texts I try to post here.    

Anyway here are a few of the stamps  I used this past week, Showing again because I found the reading I did about the individuals to be extremely interesting.   At the top is Xu Guangqi  a Chinese agronomist, astronomer, mathematician, politician and writer who lived from 1562 to 1633. His  tomb is the centerpiece of Shanghai's Guangqi Park.  Look him up and enjoy a  read about his life.


This next stamp shows George Vanier (1888-1967) a Canadian soldier and diplomat who was the first French-Canadian to hold the post of Governor General of Canada  In 1999 he was considered the number 1 most influential Canadian of all time. Quite an amazing man.

And finally another remarkable man. Dr Sun Yat Sen  (1866 - 1925)  a Chinese philosopher, physician, and politician, who served as the provisional first president of the Republic of China and the first leader of the Nationalist Party of China. 

 

Sun is considered to be one of the greatest leaders of modern China.  His chief legacy is his political philosophy known as the Three Principle of the People;  roughly translated to 1) independence from foreign imperialist domination, 2)  the rights of the people, sometimes translated to democracy, and 3)  people's livelihood.


Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy your stamps and please stay safe in these corona virus times.


and if you have  time we would be pleased to see you in the  cddstamps store.


Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!