cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Ethiopia Part III

SG 324 from the 1942 
Independence Restored issue  Centimes
SG 328 from the 1942 
Independence Restored 2nd issue
 - CENTIMES 

In 1952 Eritrea was federated with Ethiopia. A set of 9 stamps was issued to celebrate the Federations. This is the high value $3.



A coup d'etat on 12 September 1974 deposed Emperor Haile Selassie; the military took over the country and proclaimed a republic. This stamp showing Emperor Haile Selaisse was from one of the last issues of his rule.


References and for further reading:
Ethiopian Philatelic Society
The Ethiopian Philatelic Society (EPS) is a non-profit club with its membership open to anyone interested in collecting postage stamps, covers, and related material of Ethiopia. The major service to members is their medal-winning, 30-page or more quarterly bulletin titled Menelik's Journal.


Tomorrow  I will show some of the Airmails I have in my collection - if I can find them! 

 Michael   cddstamps.com  
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!