cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, April 19, 2019

Sometimes you just have to say, ok! so they were desperate for a stamp design theme - maybe this is one of those times. 10 years ago, issued in 2009 to commemorate “Roadside Attractions”, yes they were desperate for a topic I guess, or someone had just visited Australia and seen the 2007 stamps issued to commemorate “Big Things”.

I am not making this up. Seriously, Australia issued a stamp set in 2007 of 5 stamps with the theme “Big Things”. Embarrassing as far as I was concerned.

Anyway, Canada Post obviously wanted to out-do the Aussies but only found 4 Big things in their 2009 issue.

And this “Giant Easter Egg” found on the roadside in Vegreville in Alberta was one of them.

Don’t believe me read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegreville_egg actually very interesting

I used to live in Canada, then Australia, now Philippines. Surely Philippine Post will not follow suit!

Don’t eat too many chocolate Easter eggs and have a lovely and safe holiday weekend.

Best wishes Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!