cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Sunday, December 13, 2009

150th Anniversary of the Penny Black

Hello, a few weeks ago I wrote a piece on this issue. While sorting some material over the weekend I came across this lovely MS.

Issued on May 3rd 1990 it was sold at a premium of 80p for the benefit of the "Stamp World 90" exhibition funds. Lovely don't you agree.

This was a gift to me from my good friend and fellow IPDA Director Roy Simpson when we last met in the UK, far too long ago. Roy writes the Machin Mania blog and if you have not read it recently I suggest you pop across and have a read. His latest piece is very entertaining.
Best wishes, Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!