cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Year of the Pig - Christmas Island MS

Hello, yes I have been away again.. that is why I have not written for a few days.. On Thursday at 1pm I got a call asking me to go and speak in Singapore.. on Friday..... .. had to fly to Melbourne for a 1am Friday morning flight..... was I tired or what !!!!!!!!!! well one does these things in between studying stamps doesn't one...... lovely trip though .. although highlight was the departure from Singapore last night..... half way down the runway on take-off... when the brakes were applied .. aborted take off... so much for me spending time with my stamps when I got home.... had to sit on the plane drinking champers.. tough life let me tell you... but someone has to do it...

I was going to write about the Christmas Island Year of the Pig issue.. On Thursday morning I bought a minisheet to show you.. so, later than expected but here it is...

anyway..

not one of my favourites I have to admit. I think these are becoming rather repetative.. what do you think???.. I know many of you collect them.. so I am giving this copy away as a prize.. 4th correct answer to cddstamps@gmail.com with your mailing address included to the following question.....

which of these rather well known people was not born in the Year of the Pig: Lucille Ball, Elton John, Bryan Adams, Ernest Hemingway ( I was at the Raffles Hotel yesterday for those of you who know your Singapore history) Jack Nicholson, Woody Allen?????

oh, by the way.. I am definately not a Year of the Pig person.. one of the traits of a Year of the Pig person is ...." They dislike being made to travel too far from familiar surroundings, unless it is a trip to the countryside"... derrghhh not me eh!!!

enjoy your stamps.. best wishes.. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!