cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Friday, June 26, 2009

Stamps on Trains... Rhodesia

Hello, A friend said to me the other day how small the English engine locomotives were compared to say the US locomotives, well at least talking about the steam locomotives of their day. How true. Here is a classic I think. And how large was this?


Issued 1969 to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the opening of the Biera to Salisbury railway. I would like to read more on this engine and the railway but dinner is being served.. oops gotta go.
Enjoy

have a great weekend ... Michael

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, thanks for this perhaps your readers may be interested in my accounts of Machins, Train Spotting and The Age of Steam

As a lad I spent many hours on the embankment, at the train station, or visiting the Locomotive works and sheds in various locations across the UK .

Roy

Read it here http://machinmania.blogspot.com/2006/12/machins-train-spotting-and-age-of-steam.html

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To continue on this theme, as a follow up, I thought you may be interested in a Prestige Booklet (number 07 in the series) that was issued on 18th March 1986

http://machinmania.blogspot.com/2006/12/steel-wheel.html

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...



Hi Michael,

I guess you might be interested in buying new stamps related to train.

Check it out.

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!