cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful festive season, lots of time for philately and philatelic presents and perhaps my Christmas quiz about the 2019 minisheet.

It is a nice MS I guess. Very collectible although I would prefer a copy of each of the stamps :-)

But do you notice that in each stamp the monarch is looking to the left as we look at the stamp. Why is that I wonder :-)

Quiz question - What GB stamp was issued where the monarch was looking to the right? I will send the stamp in fine used condition to the 10th correct answer if you also include your mailing address so I can mail it to you. Actually I will send the set – there is a clue for you. And just for clarity I am not talking about the Queen’s Head as used in the top left or right corner of QEII commemorative stamps, but the image of the monarch used in the main design of the stamp.

Have a wonderful Christmas Best wishes for 2019 Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!