cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Saturday, November 19, 2011



Hello, hope you like this cover. I do. I have an affinity for Korea having worked there for a year, so when I saw this in the Post Office hear in Sydney the other day I thought I'd get a copy.

This cover marks the Year of Friendship and the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Australia and Korea. the relationship was forged during the Korean war when Australian troops supported South Korea after the North Korean invasion. The stamps represent traditional musical instruments of Australia and the Republic of Korea. The haegeum is a two stringed vertical instrument dating back to the Goryeo dynasty (912-1392). The didgeridoo is a wind instrument that originated in northern Australia at least 1500 years ago.

Enjoy.. ...Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!