cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, September 17, 2026

cddstamps will be at the IPDA Branded Hipstamp sale September 25th to 27th see you there I hope

Hello,  this to promote a special cddstamps sale coming up very soon.  The IPDA Branded Hipstamp weekend special -  25, 26 and 27 September – a sale of just IPDA dealers stock, and, as I am sure you know, cddstamps is an IPDA member.

A special sale weekend,  22% discount on all listings,  and that is in addition to any other discount you may have applying to you.

But a few comments:  I really feel this is worth stating -  especially given some of the practices I see on many philatelic market places :

1)      We DO NOT inflate our prices to give supposedly huge discounts -  I was looking at some Hipstamp listings this morning and saw just that practice.  For one, I don’t think it is ethical or honest, and two it is trickery. Plain and simple as, I mean,  who can discount a listing by 75%  Be serious!  Oh and I  have to add, we do not “DUMP”,  yes you might find a stamp cheaper elsewhere:  there are sellers  who are literally just dumping their collections at stupidly low prices,  5% cat and less, and even on higher cat prices, so yes you might pick up a bargain,  but  check condition, face and especially the reverse -  what no reverse image  ... oh dear  ……  😊    and especially the shipping charge. There are many sellers  making money from shipping charges while basically giving away the stamps.  Different business model I guess.  And on a positive note 😊, hopefully, with over 52,000  listings in the cddstamps store, perhaps we just have the range of countries and issues that you will be looking for.

2)      We describe our listings – as best we can and yes occasionally we make an error -  but we do not just say, for example,  unused. And leave it at that. What is unused? Mint hinged, mint never hinged, mint heavier hinge,   no cancel no gum?  I don’t know and neither do you.

3)      We show face and reverse images of the stamp we are listing, and of every stamp we list,  because we believe you should be able to see what we are offering and what you might be buying.

4)      We  show images of all the stamps we are listing, especially, say, in a set of 4 stamps  just by example. We don’t just show, for example, one stamp of the set,  or  show 4 stamps all overlapping  so you cannot see each stamp. We don’t  leave you guessing what you might be buying.

5)      We pack all mint  stamps in black mounts, or equivalent.   Simple as and no exceptions.  Why?  Because we have learned over many years that gums differ and stamps placed next to each other can stick together.  In fact only last week I received a stamp I bought for my collection.  Mint Never Hinged,  full gum.  In a 102 card  and  guess what, I could not remove it from the 102 card because the gum had stuck to the card.  The seller said, oh must be because of the weather.    Honest,  that was what the seller said -  End of discussion.   Another seller off my Christmas card list 😊   You won’t ever have that experience from cddstamps, especially since over the past 2 weeks I have personally listed 600 stamps and packed every one of them  in black mounts. That is our commitment to you.

I could give more examples but let me finish by saying cddstamps is proudly an IPDA  member and we do our very best to offer quality at sensible prices, correctly described and well packed as I believe do all IPDA accredited dealers.

So please,  start looking at cddstamps store, build up a cart and then buy on 25th through 27th September to save and we hope to help you add some lovely stamps to your collection during the IPDA weekend special sale.

Thank you for being a valued cddstamps customer.

 

Michael    cddstamps

commemorative definitive decimal stamps



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!