cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Hello, once again I am reminded how useful it is to have a catalogue. I know some disagree with me but hey, as long as you are enjoying your stamps that is ok as well I guess.

Take these two stamps. The same right? Wrong.

They are from the Regional issues for England from the 2003 – 2006. The left stamp is SG EN6 (Scott 6) issued from 2003 and has a catalogue value of £0.60. The right stamp is SG EN6b (not listed in Scott as far as I can see) issued in 2006 and has a catalogue value of £5.50. Catalogue values aside wouldn’t it be nice to know you have both in your collection. Or looking at it another way, wouldn’t it be nice to know you are no swapping / trading the higher catalogued one. Just a thought.

Here is the difference as I scan the stamps. You can see more in the SG Catalogue which describes the difference in the ribbon at the back of the Queens’ head.

Enjoy your stamps Michael cddstamps.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!