cddstamps on stamps

my thoughts on stamps, stamp collecting, philately in general and maybe a few other topics !

Thursday, August 21, 2008

40 years ago today

Love that title.. some Beatle memories eh!! but I was just listening to the BBC news - well it is an English TV channel here in the apartment. I hear the news that 40 years ago today Russia invaded Czechoslovakia. I was there. I remember waking up in my hotel room to the sound of helicopters and tanks. Nothing to do with stamps but I found this cover and Vienna was the city we got to when we finally got out of the country.

Oh, and for the real nostalgia, the coach driver we had was the driver for the Beatles Magical Mysteries Tour Bus.

Enjoy your stamps and all they mean to you
I'll be offline for a few days as am flying to Sydney for the weekend.
See you next week and don't forget my auction lots on eBay and Stampoffers.com, someone is going to get a deal :-( ha ha ............Michael

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Shalotte said...

Wow! great memories,,, I cant think of being inside a war

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Click to zoom in on my visitor map!